Friday, July 26, 2013

Artist Trading Card....Check!


As a new designer for Kraftie Kre8ations, I figured that I would be faced with various projects and challenges that would take me out of my comfort zone.

So I decided to step out on my own and try my hand at making my first ATC (artist trading card). I bought a piece of foam board from Michael's and cut it down to the correct ATC size of 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches. Ok, so it's cut to size, now what?!?!? I had no idea what to do next...LOL. Pinterest to the rescue...LOL. I got tons of ideas and then couldn't decide what I wanted to do...LOL.

Finally, I decided to cover the base of the ATC with Gesso and sprayed it with Red Dylusions spray ink. Then covered that with a piece of music note covered fabric. You can barely see a hit of the red in the inside of the heart. The heart is by Heidi Swapp, that was in my stash. I had previously sprayed it with ink, so I don't remember what color I used.

For some reason, I've really been into crowns and keys lately so I decided to add a crown to the heart. I painted it with a Ranger Distress Stain in Gold. The flower was also from my stash. When I first got my Ranger melting pot, I dipped every flower I could get my hands on in the wax...LOL!

Finally, the bird is a piece of chipboard from the Michael's dollar bin. It was also painted with Ranger Distress Stains in Silver and Blue. For texture, I add a small piece of burlap along the bottom.

This ATC was a ton of fun to make and I can't wait to do another one! I have successfully stepped out of my comfort zone ok and unscathed...LOL! You should try it too!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job. If you ever want to trade cards, let me know!























    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maxine and I most certainly will!!

    ReplyDelete